Brand Name: Daclahep
Generic Name: Daclatasvir
Packaging: 28 tablet (28 strip)
Indication: Hepatitis C
Storage: Store at room temperature
Daclahep (Daclatasvir) tablet is used along with other medications for the treatment of Chronic
Hepatitis C. This medicine belongs to a class of drugs known as antiviral agents. It works by
blocking the action of a specific protein and preventing its spread in the body. It is advisable not
to change or stop the dose without taking suggestions from your doctor. If you experience any
symptoms while receiving this medicine, inform your doctor immediately. Do not take this
medicine in the wrong way as it may lead to some severe side effects. Avoid the consumption of
alcohol during the time of treatment with this medicine.
Daclatasvir is a direct-acting antiviral (DAA) agent that targets the nonstructural protein 5A
(NS5A) and causes a decrease in serum HCV RNA levels. It disrupts HCV replication by
specifically inhibiting the critical functions of a nonstructural protein 5A (NS5A) protein in the
replication complex. After the oral administration, the effect of this medicine can be observed in
Daclahep is an antiviral medication that is used in combination to treat chronic (when the
infection moves into the long-lasting stage) Hepatitis C virus (HCV). This medicine works by
removing the virus from the blood over a period of time. Take this medicine with or without food
orally once a day. This medication may take some time to show effect. Do not miss your regular
dosing schedule. The recommended dose is decided by a doctor according to your previous
medical condition and response to the treatment. Do not chew or break the tablet and swallow
the whole tablet with a glass of water.
Interactions may change how your medication works and increase the risk for side effects. Don’t
forget to disclose your previous medical history with the doctor.
● In patients coinfected with hepatitis B and hepatitis C virus, the use of this medicine may
cause a reactivation of HBV.
● Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor before consuming
● This medicine is not recommended in patients receiving strong CYP3A inducers.
● Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to Daclatasvir.
● This medicine is not recommended in patients known to be hypersensitive.
This medicine may cause some mild or severe side effects. Discuss the risks and benefits of
this medication with the doctor before starting the treatment.
Common side effects
● Shortness of breath
● Chest pain
● Unusual tiredness
● Irregular heartbeat
● Pale skin
● Unusual weakness
● Allergic reaction
● Upset stomach
● Trouble in sleeping
● Memory problems
● Low blood sugar
● Abdominal cramps
● Unusual hoarseness
● Swelling of the mouth, face, tongue, or throat
Note - Immediate medical attention is required if any side effects occur.
Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not skip or miss your dosing schedule. This
medicine can be taken with or without food.
● It is advisable not to miss a dose. If you miss a scheduled dose of this medicine, contact
your doctor immediately.
● In case of an overdose, the doctor will provide emergency medical treatment.
Before starting treatment with this medication, please inform your doctor about your previous
medical history. If you experience any symptoms while receiving this medication, do not ignore
those symptoms because it may lead to higher risk.
○ Use effective methods of contraception to prevent pregnancy while taking this
● Children and adolescents
○ This medicine is not advisable for use in children and adolescents.
Warnings for female
○ Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Avoid this medication at the time of pregnancy.
○ This medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding unless it is necessary.
Please consult your medical advisor before starting treatment with this
● Regular monitoring of kidney and liver function tests is required while having treatment
with this medicine.
● Do not stop taking this medicine without your doctor’s advice.
● This medicine may increase the risk of decreased heart rate when it is used along with
● Inform your doctor if you experience any side effects like - nausea, anemia, fatigue,
vomiting, insomnia, and irregular heartbeat.
● Do not skip the regular dosing schedule.
● This tablet may interact with many other medicines. Do not forget to discuss your
medical history with the doctor.
● Do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
● Not safe for pregnant women.
● Do not breastfeed while receiving this medication.
● Do not crush or break the tablet.
Q1. What is Daclahep (Daclatasvir)?
Ans. Daclahep is an antiviral medication that is used in combination to treat chronic (when the
infection moves into the long-lasting stage) Hepatitis C virus.
Q2. How does Daclahep (Daclatasvir) work?
Ans. It works by blocking the action of a specific protein and preventing its spread in the body.
Q3. What are the side effects?
Ans. Some common side effects are:- nausea, anemia, diarrhea, allergic reaction, insomnia,
fatigue, chest pain, vomiting, etc.
Q4. In what strength is it available?
Ans. It is available in the strength of 60mg.
Q5. What should I avoid while receiving this medication?
Ans. Follow your doctor’s instructions about any restrictions on food and other activities.
Q6. What happens if I miss a dose?
Ans. If you miss a scheduled dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
Q7. How to take this medicine?
Ans. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not crush or break the tablet.
Q8. Can I take this medicine during breastfeeding?
Ans. This medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding unless it is necessary.
Q9. Can I consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
Ans. Please consult your doctor before consuming alcohol.
Q10. Does this medicine affect liver function?
Ans. Please contact your doctor before consuming this drug.
Q11. Can I drive after taking this medicine?
Ans. This medicine may affect your vision. Do not drive if any symptoms occur.
Q12. Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
Ans. This medicine is not recommended for pregnant women.
Q13. What are the storage conditions?
Ans. Store this medicine at room temperature. Keep it away from heat and light.
Q14. Does this medicine affect kidney function?
Ans. Please contact your doctor before consuming this drug.